To know your old family dog is to, well, sometimes shake your head at her and her attitude. And while she can be a bit much to handle on her worst days, she can also be pretty lovable when she feels like it. Today, the furriest member of your family is having an eye removed today. You have noticed for awhile now that if you look closely, you will see a big difference between her right eye and her normal sized left eye. You are incredibly lucky to have a veterinary team who recognized that this was something out of their normal wheelhouse, and even luckier to have a veterinary eye specialist right here in the city where you live. Your Angry Wombat, a name you affectionally call your dog, will officially be a One-Eyed Pirate Derp-Tongued Angry Wombat when the surgery is complete, but she should feel much better without a constantly swollen eye.
You have spent the last few days advising your friends that if they notice something “off” with the eyes of their fur babies that they should take them in. Animals, as adorable as they are, cannot tell their humans when something hurts or that something is wrong, so it is important that every pet owner be as aware as possible.
Finding the Right Doggy Daycare or Veterinary Services for a Pet Is a Priority for Many Families
Few things are as important to a family with a pet as finding the right kind of care. And whether you are searching for puppy daycare when the family has to return to work after weeks at home or you are looking for a veterinary who can provide the best possible services for your pet, it is important to do your research. Just as you would not leave your human child with just anyone while you are away at work, it is important to note that you should be equally careful with your furry family members. And when it does come time to say good bye to these important members of the family, it is also important to know that you have done everything possible to let them enjoy their last days as much as possible.
When you realize that, for instance, the last few months your furry sidekick is slowing down and losing an alarming amount of weight, it is important to get the care that you need. And just as you wold rather have your dog be at a clean and caring puppy daycare than spend hour after hour home alone, it is also important to know that you are going to get the best care you need when medical problems arise.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many times when pet owners have an opportunity to make the very best decisions about puppy daycare options, regular health check ups, and other kinds of socialization opportunities:
- A recent study investigating social play in adult, group housed dogs at a boarding kennel found that of 343 social-play bouts, all but one were dyadic in nature. This is an indication that the puppy daycare setting you select is important.
- 45% of U.S. dogs sleep in their owner’s bed, so it important to note professional dog groomers can help keep these homes and beds as clean as possible..
- Studies show that an ideal handler-to-dog ratio is one to 10 at an inside facility, or one to 15 at an outside location.
- More than in any other country, there are more than 75 million pet dogs in the U.S., so it should come as no surprise that puppy daycare options are in high demand.
- the best research indicates that for a 15 dog play group, a facility should have no less than 1500 square feet just for that one group of dogs.
- A panting dog can take 300 to 400 breaths, compared to his regular 30 to 40, with very little effort. Must dog owners know what the normal breathing patterns are for their pets and, as a result, can seek help when something is out of the ordinary.
- As a result of the number of dogs that are owned by many individuals and families, throughout the U.S. and Canada there are approximately 9,000 boarding kennels offering services